LAST UPDATE: NOVEMBER 4
Thank you for supporting QueerTech’s mission of queering the tech ecosystem by breaking down barriers, creating spaces, and connecting communities to support and empower LGBTQ2S+ people to thrive.
We welcome you as a sponsor to the QT Qonference and hope that this guide helps you get the most out of the experience at this hybrid event. Please bookmark this page as it will be updated frequently with important information.
- Event Details
- The Agenda
- Accessing the Physical Space
- Accessing the Virtual Space
- Event Registration
- Important Dates
- Promote Your Participation
- Trainings and Resources
- Anti-harassment policy
- About Brella
We are working hard to provide a seamless and phenomenal hybrid experience for everyone and appreciate your support as we launch this inaugural conference! As always, please feel free to reach out with any questions. We look forward to seeing you in November, and thank you for helping us QUEER THE TECH ECOSYSTEM!
Event Name: QT QONFERENCE
Event Dates/ Times:
Thursday, November 10, 8:00 - 18:30 Eastern
Friday, November 11, 8:00 - 17:00 Eastern
Event Website: queertech.org/qt_qonference.
You can view the QT Qonference agenda for the 2-day event at the link below. As we continue to confirm and finalize sessions and speakers, the agenda will continue to be updated.
LOCATION - TORONTO, ON
QT Qonference will be hosted by Microsoft at their offices located inside the CIBC Square tower. With beautifully designed spaces and sweeping views of the city, this center created to inspire innovation will definitely be an amazing source of inspiration for our in-person attendees and provide the built-in infrastructure to create a bridge to our virtual audience.
Microsoft Canada Head Office
81 Bay Street, 44th Floor
Toronto, ON M5J 0E7
It is important that anyone attending the physical event is registered with QueerTech in order to access the building. Please have anyone that will be attending in-person review these ARRIVAL INSTRUCTIONS.
Sponsor Space at the Physical Event
Unfortunately, due to space constraints, we will not be able to accommodate physical sponsor tables at this event. We will instead be leveraging Brella to act as the touch point for attendees and sponsors to connect.
ONSITE AND VIRTUAL CONNECTIONS
As a sponsor representative / recruiter, you have the ability to search through the PEOPLE section and find matches with candidates or individuals you would like to connect with. You can meet with attendees both physically on-site, or if the attendee is virtual, you can request a virtual meeting. Here’s how it all works:
While we won’t have traditional sponsor tables or booths, each sponsor on-site will have their logo placed on a window decal and placed around the perimeter of the 43RD FLOOR.
- These will act as your meeting points to connect with attendees and when you select “Meet-at-booth” in the Suggest Meeting process.
- If “networking area” is selected, then you will be assigned a meeting point 1-6 based on availability.
- Both of these will be placed on-site throughout the area and a map will be uploaded into Brella on Wednesday.
- You can also attend the meeting through the virtual room if needed.
- If you or the attendee are virtual, there will be an option to connect via video at the time of your meeting.
- You can also start a chat and send on alternate video link on the chat
- If you need additional support, check out this article.
OTHER THINGS TO NOTE
- In order to reduce waste and limit our footprint as much as possible, we will not be allowing paper handouts of any kind. Instead, we encourage all informational materials to be distributed via the virtual booth on Brella.
- For Pride Level sponsors and above, we encourage you to take advantage of the digital gift bag insert. Examples are gift cards or special promotional offers. We will package these via a private URL that attendees can access to receive
- Your company’s participation and sponsorship will be recognized on printed and digital signage that will be visible throughout the physical space.
The virtual platform will be powered by Brella.io with fantastic tools helping us to facilitate a fully hybrid experience. You will have the ability to create a virtual booth, schedule both your in-person and/or virtual 1-on-1 meetings and connect through chat with fellow attendees. To begin getting familiar with the platform, we encourage you to check out their great guide at https://help.brella.io/en. We have also included a section below, complete with Brella's information.
ARE YOU SIGNED INTO BRELLA?
We have sent out all invitations to Brella, and you should have access to the virtual platform. If you need to sign in, follow these steps:
- The access email would have come directly from Brella and should look like the image below
- Complete your profile
- Click around and become familiar with the environment
- Set your availability in the SCHEDULE tab by clicking the radio button “Networking Availability”
- Click on the PEOPLE section and start requesting meetings
- If you are unable to find your invitation, please email me no later than MONDAY, NOVEMBER 7.
- Download the Brella app from the Google Play Store or the Apple App Store for easy access on your mobile device
- For tips on how to make the best use of your profile and interactions in Brella, check out this article.
IS YOUR VIRTUAL BOOTH READY?
Once you are logged into Brella, take a moment to find your Virtual Booth and review the content. You or your company contact have access to update the content in the booth. If you need assistance check out this article or email me by MONDAY, NOVEMBER 7 with any changes.
As a sponsor for the event, you have a set number of both sponsor representative tickets as well as a set number of attendee tickets. Please read more about the types below.
SPONSOR REPRESENTATIVE TICKETS
Included with your sponsorship is a dedicated number of Sponsor Representative / Recruiter tickets. Each allocated ticket is good for either (1) in-person or (1) virtual tickets.
We have sent a template here for you to complete and return to the QueerTech team as soon as possible. Please be sure to indicate on the template the dates each representative will attend and the whether it will be in-person or virtually.
Your representatives will be registered for the appropriate ticket and will be invited to access Brella beginning October 7.
Attendee Tickets are intended for you to share with your ERG, internal employees or guests. These tickets are not to be used by recruiters.
As a sponsor, you have been allocated a specific number of attendee tickets in addition to your Sponsor Representative tickets. To use your allocated attendee tickets, whether used by employees or your invited guests, you will receive a registration link specific to your company and registration instructions the week of September 19. There is a registration deadline of October 3.
If you need to know how many tickets you are allowed, please feel free to contact us.
Monday, September 19
- Attendee Registration Opens
- The physical space plan communicated
Wednesday, September 28
- Sponsor Information Session
Monday, October 18 - EXTENDED
- Virtual Sponsor Booth Materials Access
- In-person Sponsor Attendee Tickets Deadline
Friday, October 7
- The virtual platform opens to Sponsor Representatives
Monday, October 17
- The virtual platform opens to Registered Attendees
Thursday, October 27
- Allyship Partner Training
Tuesday, November 1
- Sponsor Representatives Deadline
Let the world know that you will be speaking at the QT Qonference!
Here a few tips and tools to help you out:
- Use the hashtags #QTQonference #QueeringTech
- Tag us in your social posts @QueerTechHQ
- Add your logo to the “We're Hiring” of "Meet Us There" badges below and share
- Include the discount code MEETUSATQTQ25 to provide 25% off QT Qonference registration
- Access our full Media Kit for sample tweets, additional graphics, and newsletter inserts
- Use this sample post and make it your own -
“Meet us @queertechhq’s #QTQonference on 10-11 Nov. Join us there and let’s find our queer power together! REGISTER TODAY with code MEETUSATQTQ25 and save 25% at queertech.org/qt_qonference. #queeringtech”
SPONSOR BADGES (1080x1080)
(To download, right click and select "Save Image As")
SPONSOR INFORMATION SESSION
WATCH THE VIDEO FROM THE SESSION
THE ALLYSHIP PARTNER TRAINING
A workshop on the inclusion of LGBTQ+ people in the workplace
Together we will look at the main concepts related to sexual and gender diversity, some important dates in the history of these communities, the issues that LGBTQ+ people can face in the workplace and good practices to ensure inclusive workplaces. This workshop will end with the personal story of a woman who transitioned and how she navigated her experience in the workplace.
This training is an opportunity to learn how to be a better ally in the workplace and an opportunity to have your questions answered.
WATCH THE VIDEO FROM THE SESSION
TOOLS TO HELP
- Logging into Brella Video - https://youtu.be/3EAfTd6BFaw
- Navigating Brella Video - https://youtu.be/7vvSUqwWR1Y
QueerTech is dedicated to providing a harassment-free experience for everyone regardless of gender, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, disability, physical appearance, body size, race, age or religion. We do not tolerate harassment of participants in any form. Conference participants violating these rules may be sanctioned or expelled from our events, conferences, and on-line communities at the discretion of the organizers.
Harassment includes, but is not limited to: • Verbal comments that reinforce social structures of domination [related to gender, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, disability, physical appearance, body size, race, age, religion • Sexual images in public spaces • Deliberate intimidation, stalking, or following • Harassing photography or recording • Sustained disruption of talks or other events • Inappropriate contact • Unwelcome sexual attention • Advocating for, or encouraging, any of the above behavior
Participants asked to stop any harassing behavior are expected to comply immediately
If a participant engages in harassing behavior, event organizers retain the right to take any actions to keep the event a welcoming environment for all participants. This includes warning the offender or expulsion from the conference.
Event organizers may take action to redress anything designed to, or with the clear impact of, disrupting the event or making the environment hostile for any participants.
We expect participants to follow these rules at all event venues and event-related social activities. We think people should follow these rules outside event activities too!
If someone makes you or anyone else feel unsafe or unwelcome, please report it as soon as possible. Harassment and other code of conduct violations reduce the value of our event for everyone. We want you to be happy at our event. People like you make our event a better place.
You can make a report either personally or anonymously.
You can make an anonymous report here https://forms.gle/PcBCHWzgx9itEAMe8 .
We can't follow up an anonymous report with you directly, but we will fully investigate it and take whatever action is necessary to prevent a recurrence.
You can make a personal report by: QueerTech representatives can be asked for at Registration. Someone at registration can locate QueerTech staff to take your personal report. When taking a personal report, our staff will ensure you are safe and cannot be overheard. They may involve other event staff to ensure your report is managed properly. Once safe, we'll ask you to tell us about what happened. This can be upsetting, but we'll handle it as respectfully as possible, and you can bring someone to support you. You won't be asked to confront anyone and we won't tell anyone who you are.
Our team will be happy to help you contact hotel/venue security, local law enforcement, local support services, provide escorts, or otherwise assist you to feel safe for the duration of the event. We value your attendance.
QueerTech Representative Emails:
Brella is a great event and matchmaking tool that we will be using to power interactions and connections at the QT Qonference. Whether you and your team will attend in-person or virtually, the Brella app will be central to your interactions with attendees.
This year, we are able to provide sponsor admin access to your virtual booth which will allow you to self-create your booth experience. We will send these invitations in a separate email. If you need assitance building your sponsor booth, please do not hesitate to contact Andy Saldaña for assistance.
Here is a great sponsor resource to guide you and your team through accessing and building your virtual booth.