Nov 30, 2021 | 12pm
How would you like to master the art of software autopsy?
The communications Security Establishment (CSE) has designed a unique hands-on workshop where you'll get a taste of Reverse Engineering (RE) along with some great tips and have the opportunity to learn about the jobs at Canada's Signals Intelligence Agency.
- Two exercises go along with the Workshop.
- Challenge 1: Installing GHIDRA, creating a project, and reversing the binary.
- Challenge 2: Analyzing the Main function, verifying a password, and identifying the MD5 function
The presenter is a subject matter expert (SME) from the Vulnerability Research Centre at CSE, specializing in Mobile technologies
If you are a Canadian citizen and you think you may be interested in working as a full-time Vulnerability Researcher or Software Reverse Engineer, please view the poster here
Requirements - RE Workshop
Please come ready with the following:
- Your laptop and power supply;
- A virtual machine running up-to-date Kali Linux;
- Download Ghidra on your VM: https://ghidra-sre.org/
12 PM - 1 PM: Presentation and Workshop
1 PM - 1:15 PM: Q&A
1:15 PM - 1:30 PM: Networking
This event will not be recorded!