ATTENDING THE QAREERS VIRTUAL FAIR? THIS BLOG POST IS FOR YOU!
We are excited to have you join us at the QueerTech Qareers Virtual Fair! We highly recommend that you take a look at all of these event logistics, tips and tools to help your prepare and make the most of your experience.
We can't wait to help you find your newest opportunity as we work to QUEER THE TECH ECOSYSTEM!
CHECK OUT WHO'S HIRING?
Take a moment and check out all of these hiring partners. Click on the link to their website, or check them out on the QT Talent Network. You can also sign right into Brella and find all of the HIRING COMPANIES Virtual Booths.
CHECK OUT THESE PARTNERS ON THE QT TALENT NETWORK!
|QT TALENT NETWORK|
PREPARE FOR THE QAREERS VIRTUAL FAIR!
Follow these below steps and make sure your profile is visible to these Hiring Partners! The Brella system uses matching technology to connect you recruiters that are hiring for the roles and skills you are looking for. If you want to get matched, be sure to follow these steps.
SIGN IN and COMPLETE YOUR BRELLA PROFILE by including your location, interests, and types of roles you are looking for in your "Introduction".
- Access the Virtual Event environment with this URL: https://next.brella.io/join/UA4JNL
- If accessing via a mobile device, we recommend using the Brella App for iPhone or Android devices, and entering the last 6 letters (UA4JNL) of the URL above as your access code.
- Choose to sign in with Google, LinkedIn, Facebook, or Email.
- Once signed in, you will be asked to agree to the terms and conditions, complete your profile and select your Networking interest categories.
- Once in the system, you can navigate within the virtual space.
SELECT YOUR INTEREST AREAS & SKILLS
- Take a few minutes and complete the Interest Onboarding process. This will help the system match you to recruiters looking to hire or people who want to connect with you.
- Select the days and time that you are available for networking.
- Be sure to select “Get A Job in this” if you are interested in opportunities that match this interest/ skill area.
- Make sure to identify your availability for 1-1 meetings in the Schedule section.
UPDATE YOUR PROFILE
- Add your LinkedIn to your Profile
- Add your Website to your Profile so recruiters can easily access your resume
CHECK OUT THE SCHEDULE and be sure to catch all of the AMAZING CONTENT we have prepared for you! On the schedule in Brella, you can:
- Set your availability
- Connect your calendar
- Find interesting Content
- Bookmark Sessions
- Find links to the streaming content
CREATE A PROFILE on the QT TALENT NETWORK, upload your resume, and continue to connect with most of these HIRING COMPANIES all year long!
Tools to Help Navigate the Environment
Check out these videos
- Setting your interests, profile, and requesting meetings
- Updating your LinkedIn, Twitter, Website, and other settings
- Navigating the Schedule, Workshops, and Hiring Partner Booths
Things To Note
- Use the same email you RSVP'd with.
- Make sure you keep your notifications on to be notified when interview requests are made
- Share the event with your friends, classmates, and other QTs!
QUESTIONS ABOUT THE EVENT?
If you have any questions regarding the Qareers Virtual Fair or encounter issues with your registration, please feel free to reach out to us at [email protected], or join us for Community Office Hours on Wednesday, April 6 on Discord.
We look forward to connecting with each of you on April 7th & 8th!