LAST UPDATE: February 2
Thank you for supporting QueerTech’s mission of queering the tech ecosystem by breaking down barriers, creating spaces, and connecting communities to support and empower 2SLGBTQ+ people to thrive.
We are glad you are interested in becoming a mentor for the QT Access program. To help you decide if this is the right opportunity for you, we have put together the below Mentor FAQ! Take a look and then submit your application below.
Program Name: QT Access
Program Dates: February 15 to April 12
Program Website: queertech.org/qt_access.
About the Program:
QT Access is a 10-week cohort style program designed to provide queer individuals with professional skills necessary to break into the innovation economy while guiding them through a journey of professional reflection, self-discovery, resilience building, and growth. Our aim is to increase professional and personal confidence, demystify the job search process, increase value alignment, and create access to a supportive and queer aligned professional network.
QT Access is the first program in QueerTech's newest initiative, the QT Academy!
The program will be led by Jess Malz, QT Academy Principal Facilitator, the QueerTech core team, as well as other experts from the QT community.
Why should I become a mentor?
As a mentor you will have the opportunity to queer the tech ecosystem by empowering 2SLGBTQ+ people to thrive; share valuable knowledge based on your own experience; work with people from diverse backgrounds and skills; motivate and support someone to fulfill their potential; and develop your coaching, communication and leadership skills.
What is the criteria for becoming a mentor?
We are looking for professionals that:
- Have worked for at least three years in your field
- Can commit 4-6 hours of your time during the 10 week program
- Can commit to a 1-on-1 matched mentorship for 12 weeks post-program
- Want to share your industry knowledge with others
As a mentor, what are my responsibilities?
During the program:
- Attend a 1.5 h Mentor Training Session scheduled for Monday, February 27 at 17h30 Eastern.
- Participate in at least (1) session as a Group Coach for a participant triad
- Provide constructive feedback and guidance to program participants
- Be available to be matched with a participant 1-on-1 by the end of the program
- Meet with the mentee 1x / week for at least an hour
- Provide professional support, guidance, and networking opportunities to support the mentee in their job search and / or professional development
- Agree to QueerTech's Code of Conduct and Anti Harassment Policy
- Provide program feedback to QueerTech
Are there other opportunities to participate if I can't commit to the above?
In addition to the above mentorship opportunities, we are also seeking the following:
- Hiring Managers / Experts to assist with resume and digital portfolio reviews
- Tech Professionals to be speakers / panelists for specific session content
- Program volunteers to assist with various program tasks
Ready to apply?
You can contact the QT Team for any concerns or questions not answered here.
QT Access is the first program in QueerTech's newest initiative of