About the role:
Aurora Solar is a fast-growing Series A company focused on building a clean energy future for all. Aurora makes the software that is enabling society to transition to a world powered by solar power. We want every solar installation in the world to pass through our software, which has already been used to design millions of solar projects. Named “Top 50 Tech Companies to Watch in 2020” by BuiltInSF.com and awarded #1 Solar Software platform by Solar Power World, Aurora is disrupting the energy industry and changing the course of history. We are experiencing hockey stick growth and are looking for A-players to come join and accelerate the fun.
We are looking for senior backend engineers who are comfortable taking control of complex projects and working with other members of the team. Every engineer contributes to key feature rollouts and cutting-edge technology of the solar industry.
We are a diverse team passionate about advancing the growth of solar energy. If you are looking for a stimulating and fulfilling role, come join us!
What you'll do:
- Build new functionality and features for our software platform
- Scale Aurora's infrastructure by 10x over the next year
- Develop and extend our existing API
- Build integrations with other players in the solar industry
What we value:
- A degree in Computer Science or related fields
- 4+ years of experience as a software engineer
- Experience developing backend web systems
- Experience managing databases (PostgreSQL preferred)
- Experience integrating with third-party APIs
- Familiarity with (or eagerness to learn) Ruby on Rails
- Familiarity with Git or other version control systems
- Passion for renewable energy and sustainability
- Ability to perform and thrive in a fast-paced environment