ABOUT HAO WU FINANCIAL INC. UNDER THE SUNLIFE BANNER:
Helping Canadians achieve lifetime financial security and live healthier lives.
A holistic and responsible approach for healthy and sustainable finances
What is important for us is to develop a meaningful and lasting relationship with you to accompany you financially at all stages of life. We want to ensure your financial well-being at all stages of your life, both personally – for you and your loved ones – as well as professionally, if you are a business owner or self-employed. As immigrants ourselves arrived in Quebec many years ago, we know the difficulties encountered by newcomers and we enjoy being here to guide them in their integration process, whether it be in French, English or Mandarin. We are a dynamic, experienced and resourceful team that is involved in our community and socially responsible, all while working to reach your goals and ensure your financial security.
WE ARE EXCITED TO PARTNE WITH QUEERTECH:
We are proud members of the LGBTQIA2+ community so we know first-hand that even if the time has changed and the society is progressing, a lot of us don’t feel comfortable talking openly about our personal finances to a professional – because talking about personal finances means talking extensively about our personal lives. Lacking authenticity in these conversations means not getting properly advised, and bad advice/no advice creates significant barriers in achieving your financial goals, and in turn jeopardizing overall well-being.
Queertech’s mission of breaking down barriers and empowering its members with the values of inclusivity, helpfulness, pride, and accessibility deeply resonate with ours, and we are excited to be the partner of choice for helping you achieve financial security and planning for your wealth journeys. We are excited about this partnership because we love what we do, we know that financial planning is an essential skill of life, and we want to share the knowledge with you. We are also excited to break the traditional images of financial planners and advisors and talk to you in a relaxed, modern, and open way.
DIVERSITY, EQUITY, AND INCLUSION MEANS TO US:
“Diversity, Equity and Inclusion” IS our company. Just take look at our team, at the clients we take care of and the ways we are working with them. You will see that these values are not just a motto but a base in which we grew personally and professionally over the years. We help our clients achieve their financial goals and live healthier lives, and to us it also means being allies and cheerleaders in their journeys, no matter where they are and what they are going through.
To read more about the team and its involvement in advising the LGBTQIA2+ community: https://www.wealthprofessional.ca/news/industry-news/taking-pride-in-advising-lgbtq2-clients/357457
LOOKING FOR ANSWERS? CONNECT WITH US FOR A FREE CONSULTATION
We know that navigating personal finances can be confusing and tough, but we are here to help you as part of the QueerTech community find your way through. Complete our contact form by clicking the button below and let's get started!
CATCH OUR CONVERSATION ON QT CONNECT CAFÉ:
Over the next 18 months, we will be hosting the below personal finance workshops. Keep connected here as dates become available and if you are not able to make the virtual event live, we will place the recordings here.
Webinar 1: Planning & Building your wealth (HOSTED Tuesday, September 21, 2021)
- How to organize your personal finances to save more, grow your wealth, and to meet your unique financial goals.
- How to effectively use registered accounts, including RRSP, TFSA & RESP
- What does a financial planner do and how a professional can help you with your finances?
Subtopics: Setting up goals, budgeting/cashflow management, using registered accounts effectively (TFSA, RRSP, RESP), personal situations & financial planning specific to the LGBTQ2+ community.
Watch the video below!
Webinar 2: Investment basics: from taking risks to respecting your values. (Mid-Jan 2022)
- How to invest smartly depending on your goals and the risks you are ready to take?
- Why and how to invest in diversified asset classes for long-term investors?
- How “Responsible Investment” is becoming the new norm?
Subtopics: Asset classes & investment vehicles, risk profile, mutual funds 101, ETFs/Index funds, diversification…
Watch the video below!
Webinar 3: Can you afford to be sick? (Early/Mid April 2022)
- How to be financially prepared against the unexpected. A reality check for all ages.
- Protection needs specific to immigrants & family visiting from outside of Canada
Subtopics: Emergency fund, RAMQ, Group Insurance, Individual Insurances (Personal health insurance, Critical illness insurance, Disability insurance, etc.), Travel Insurance…]
Watch the video below!
Webinar 4: Buying your first home & investing in real estate (Early/Mid July 2022)
- How to prep your personal finances and avoid chaos before and after home/real estate purchase?
- Before taking the leap: planning (including if you can afford it for the long-term), saving, investing, RRSP/HBP, know your taxes and expenses, etc.
- Home-owners: insurance protections, planning/saving for investment properties for passive income & growth, review your will/PoA, etc.
Webinar 5: Group Benefits & Pension: For Individuals & Employers (Early/Mid Oct 2022)
- How group benefits & group pension profit both employees and employers?
- Why and how to use your group offerings efficiently?
- Leaving your current employer, what do you do with your previous group plans?
- If you are an employer, why and how to set up group benefits and pension plans for recruitments & retentions?
Seminar/Webinar 6 : Advanced financial planning concepts for your success. (Early Jan 2023)
- Use life insurance as an asset class & tax planning tool
- tax-efficient investments for high income earners
- Pros & Cons of incorporation
- Using trust as a legal & tax planning tool for family protection & intergenerational wealth transfers